Yes, I do sleep, for a few hours. Hahahaha! You probably always see me on YM everytime you log on, and given the different timezones we are in, anyone might be wondering the same question.
The thing is, when I was in Manila, I was awake during the night until late morning, sleep for a few hours, then go out again. I was rarely home. Heehee. And if ever I was home, I wasnt sleeping, I was chatting the hours away, talking to friends who were nocturnal beings too. LOL. This all started when I was in college. Studying (or the lack of it) effed up my sleeping hours, giving way to a new sleeping pattern.
I like watching the sun rise, and love waking up when the sun sets. Love it when that happens. The orange glow with the pink and red hues, sometimes mixed with the blue sky takes my breath away and I can just stare at it until the sky gets dark. The advantage of having your room on the 3rd floor of the house is having a great view of the sky and all the houses around your place. LOVE IT.
My sleeping routine is practically non-existent since I dont sleep much. I got through college without doing much sleeping. When I was on my first year of college, we were living in the province, so that means waking up really early so I can get to school on time. And adding to my hellish day was the horrible traffic. I get up at 4am, and leave the house around 5 or 5.30 so my brother can get to school on time too. My classes back then starts at 7.30am. Needless to say, I had the glassy eyes, and a cranky attitude. Starbucks really worked for me during that time, I always had hot Caramel Macchiato or Latte before class. However, coffee didnt work in keeping me awake. I would always fall asleep during class, hence I soon became the favorite student to call on recitations.
My classes would start at 7.30 am and end at 7.30pm. Fun, huh? I was taking 27 units and boy did it make my life hell. Unlike here in the US where a full load is like 15-18 units, the Philippines made sure college life sucked big time. So, travel time between home and school was about more or less 2 hours, and having to finish all the requirements would take up my time, and before I know it, its time to wake up! Wahahaha!
After getting used to waking up after a few minutes of sleep, I perfected the art of cramming during that time too. I would usually do the requirement a few hours before the class, meaning skipping a few classes, especially if the paper was a major one. And UA&P made all paper companies richer by making us write a truckload of papers. Any UA&P student would agree with me here.
The art of cramming was very much appreciated during my last years of college, when I was aready taking up Child Development and Education. My classmates would often ask me if I already started the requirement, and I would always make them feel better by telling them that I havent started yet, giving them the boost to continue writing theirs since they felt they werent in a shithole anymore, well because, I was in it. Shea knows that I do the requirement a day before deadline,or even minutes before the class. HAHAHAHA!!
However, I would usually finish on time, or even finish the requirement before some people. My mind works better at night than during the day, and the fact that I can stay up all night makes it easier for me. Heehee. When doing the requirements, I usually chat with my friends so I am entertained, and stop myself from writing bullshiit. LMAO.
Needless to say, I got through college with 2 hours of sleep or less. And the habit of sleeping less than the required hours of sleep (seriously, you dont wake up minutes short of having 6 hours of sleep, and force yourself to fall asleep again just because you want those 6 hours. Hahahahah!!) stuck with me.
I do sleep, probably not the same as you would consider sleeping is, but I am getting on just fine. I sleep for a few hours, and I function as any normal person would. I might get panda eyes soon though. ROFL.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment