Separation anxiety. Most of my students have those, but as the school year progressed, they stopped crying when their parents drop them off coz they found a new toy-- ME. They think that I'm a human teether. LMAO. This is the reason why I always wore jeans and hoodies to work. Cover myself up. HEEHEE.
I never had separation anxiety when I was a kid. I was the kid who would say "Bye!" then run off. I remember that I was late for my first day of school. All the students have been sent to the classrooms, so needless to say, I was the only one who didnt know where my classroom was. I was walking around the whole school when one teacher approached me and asked if I was lost.. I told her that I wasnt lost, I was just looking around for kids my age. I didnt think that I was lost because one, I didnt actually know where I was supposed to go, so I dont have anywhere to base my "being lost" was. I only knew that I was there to go and sit on a classroom and wait for the bell to ring. I didnt think I was lost coz I wasnt heading anywhere, I consider being lost as knowing where to go but you cant find how to go there. I actually thought at that time that I can just walk around the whole school and wait for my dad to pick me up again. HAHAHA.
So the teacher showed me to an office and a kind lady put me in a classroom with kids who looked like they were my age. The teacher welcomed me and made me sit behind a girl named Vanessa. I remember being given a red book, and the first thing I did was put it down on the floor.. LMAO. I got my pencil and paper out and started drawing. WAHAHAHAHA!!! I remember my first friends-- Rica and Marina. We were the trio, always together, my bestfriends back then. I was often late for school, which meant I was always escorted by the kind lady to my classroom. HEEHEE.
I made friends easily, especially with the girls. although they would rarely talk to me since I didnt speak Tagalog back then. I was a girly kid back then, always prim and proper. I remember being anxious whenever my uniform would get dirty. Hahaha! I spoke politely, used please and thank you a lot. I also remember my classmates would often just say "Come!" "You!" "Here!" hahahaahahahhahahaha!!!
Then when I transferred to a Catholic school, on my first day of school, I wasnt late-- meaning I had a scary dose of too many kids around me. I only knew that my section was Banaba. I didnt know that grades 1-4 all had Banaba sections. Wahahaha! I just went to the nearest clump of Banaba people, and made friends fast. Then to only realize they were a grade higher than I was. WAHAHAHAHAHA!! Well, I was the only kid on my real class that had friends who were older than I was. Hahahahaha!! I also remember that this is the time when I started playing with guys. Running around the school every break. Wahahaha!
When my brother transferred to my new school, I remember my mom asking me to look after him. My classes were in th morning, while his were in the afternoon. I had to stay and wait for him to come to school, bring him to his class and wait for him to go inside the classroom. I would even go and copy notes when he's absent. I only got stares from his classmates. They must have been thinking why the hell is a gradeschooler being demoted to the kinder class.
I am also used to going to places alone. My first trip going here, I was alone. Being able to read is very handy on these kinds of trips. LOL. I'm the kind of person that you would only need to give instructions/directions and then leave to be on my own. My parents get nervous more than I do when that happens. And boy is it fun to get lost sometimes. Heehee
I never had separation anxiety when I was a kid. I AM HAVING IT NOW. WAAAAAAAH. The feeling that you just cant shake off when saying goodnight or bye to someone. SUUUUUCCKKKS. Now I know how my students feel, too bad I cant bite anyone to make me feel better.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment